Customer expectations continue to rise. Digital consumers want a faster, more personalized, and effortless "in the moment" experience and won't hesitate to move to your competitor to get what they want. Competition has never been greater - but the ability to stand...
HCL Commerce Featurette: Performance
HCL has invested significantly in the HCL Commerce, formerly WebSphere Commerce, product over the past year and a half. Each month, through our “Featurette” series, we like to focus on a specific feature or enhancement HCL has made to the eCommerce platform. This month’s focus is on Performance.
In 2021, Google updated its algorithm to focus on page experience, which is driven by a number of things, including website performance. The performance of your company’s website is vital to a good customer experience, conversion rates, and revenue.
According to a Walmart case study, for every 1 second of page speed improvement, conversion increased 2%
Performance is impacted by a number of factors such as server configuration, code quality, the size of files to load on each page, bandwidth-related issues, caching, etc. To address caching, HCL has introduced a new solution powered by Redis and managed by a new Cache Manager application. HCL’s Cache Manager and Redis solution provide the following benefits:
- Reduces page load times by caching high-cost data like database queries and pages
- Supports application scalability by providing a commonly shared cache
- Provides a REST API to collect cache contents and manage cache in support of DevOps and monitoring
- Enables using a managed Redis solution like Google Memorystore or Amazon ElastiCache for true global scalability
If performance hasn’t been a focus for your business, you can expect that your conversion rates, traffic, and revenue are not where they could be.
Free Performance Assessment
BlueSky Commerce is offering a limited number of Performance Assessment engagements at no charge to HCL Commerce Customers.
HCL continues to focus on improvements to the HCL Commerce product. Read more about what they’ve accomplished since the acquisition of Commerce from IBM. Check out some of the other topics in BlueSky’s HCL Featurette series:
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Signals CDP
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Marketplace
- HCL Commerce Featurette: React Stores
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Page Builder
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Personalized Marketing
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Performance
- Featurette: HCL Headless Commerce Simplified
- HCL Commerce B2B Featurette
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Cloud Native
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Search
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
HCL Commerce User Group & Networking Event It's been a while since we've gotten together! We are all looking forward to the chance to collaborate and discuss the latest exciting HCL Commerce updates. Join us to take a look at the HCL Commerce product roadmap, hear...
BlueSky Commerce and HCL Commerce co-developed "Ruby" You may be hearing some buzz lately about “Ruby” - the new HCL Commerce React-based starter store. Ruby is a production-ready starter storefront, available for HCL Commerce clients, starting in summer 2023. HCL and...
We saw record-breaking sales in the 2022 holiday season. Why is that? Because companies are stepping up to provide excellent customer experiences and anticipate their clients' needs. To make sure you are prepared for next year, read this article from Adobe to start...