Customer expectations continue to rise. Digital consumers want a faster, more personalized, and effortless "in the moment" experience and won't hesitate to move to your competitor to get what they want. Competition has never been greater - but the ability to stand...
Featurette: HCL Commerce Search
When you have worked as e-commerce consultants as long as BlueSky has you know what matters to customers. And what matters most today is SEARCH.
Search is a key area of focus for all businesses with a digital presence – it demands constant improvement and innovation to meet customer needs. For a website, surfacing the right content to someone can be the difference between them staying or leaving. A first impression is everything.
At BlueSky, the main complaint we’ve heard over the years from our HCL Commerce (formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce) customers is around the time-consuming process to manually customize search results. Time and time again, we’ve been asked how the process to improve search results can be automated and enhanced.
HCL found the answer. With the release of HCL Commerce 9.1, HCL has improved the onsite search experience by embedding Elasticsearch, an open-source search and analytics engine, right into the platform. There are a lot of capabilities that make this platform so exciting but a few of our favorites are:
- Machine learning – provides better search results by using your own data to train and teach the system
- Natural language processing – Elasticsearch understands natural human language – across different languages
- Search beyond product information – to surface results like store locations, order information and blog content
- Speed – instantly give your customers the answers they want
- Scalability – it’s built to handle millions of events per second
We all know that search shapes your customers’ experience from the moment they arrive on your homepage, that’s why it is so important to get it right. With the addition of Elasticsearch to the HCL Commerce equation, we think HCL has hit the mark, and we’re excited to help companies reap the benefits of this major change to the HCL Commerce solution.
BlueSky is proud to be identified as a top HCL Commerce business partner. We have helped IBM WebSphere Commerce users gain value from their investment for the past 13 years and we are committed to serving HCL Commerce users today and into the future. How can we serve you?
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Signals CDP
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Marketplace
- HCL Commerce Featurette: React Stores
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Page Builder
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Personalized Marketing
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Performance
- Featurette: HCL Headless Commerce Simplified
- HCL Commerce B2B Featurette
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Cloud Native
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Search
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
HCL Commerce User Group & Networking Event It's been a while since we've gotten together! We are all looking forward to the chance to collaborate and discuss the latest exciting HCL Commerce updates. Join us to take a look at the HCL Commerce product roadmap, hear...
BlueSky Commerce and HCL Commerce co-developed "Ruby" You may be hearing some buzz lately about “Ruby” - the new HCL Commerce React-based starter store. Ruby is a production-ready starter storefront, available for HCL Commerce clients, starting in summer 2023. HCL and...
We saw record-breaking sales in the 2022 holiday season. Why is that? Because companies are stepping up to provide excellent customer experiences and anticipate their clients' needs. To make sure you are prepared for next year, read this article from Adobe to start...