Noblesville, IN – BlueSky Commerce, a leading provider of cutting-edge eCommerce technology solutions, is pleased to announce its strategic partnership with commercetools, a global leader in composable commerce platforms.
Introducing New HCL Commerce Starter Store
BlueSky Commerce and HCL Commerce co-developed “Ruby”
You may be hearing some buzz lately about “Ruby” – the new HCL Commerce React-based starter store. Ruby is a production-ready starter storefront, available for HCL Commerce clients, starting in summer 2023. HCL and BlueSky came together to co-develop this new storefront with enhanced SEO, performance, flexibility, and maintainability as some of the critical areas of focus.
“This is a unique project that is somewhat unprecedented. HCL worked directly with BlueSky Commerce to co-develop a new React starter store that is based specifically on customer-identified needs.”
– Aaron Pickrell, Sr. Offering Manager, HCL Commerce
So, why did HCL and BlueSky develop this new Ruby store? We wanted to build an actual starter store again, something functional and SEO-friendly that reduces time to market for clients. The existing HCL React-based stores (Sapphire and Emerald) are reference points and can be leveraged but are not proper starting points. Ruby is a production-ready functioning starter store and a great place for clients to start.
HCL and Bluesky built the Ruby store to be modern, sustainable, and composable. The following were HCL and BlueSky’s critical areas of focus throughout development:
- SEO – Ruby combines React single-page applications with server-side rendering to address Google’s most recent announcement that they will no longer be indexing client-side sites. Most React stores are client-side only, and search engines like Google aren’t able to index the site content easily. Ruby does not have this issue.
- Performance – Fast site performance is crucial for SEO optimization and overall user experience. Ruby has been optimized for front-end performance to reduce page content refreshes and back-end performance to reduce API calls.
- Flexibility – Vendor lock-in is a real challenge for eCommerce businesses. Ruby allows you to quickly turn on and off third-party solutions for things like PIM, ratings and reviews, etc., without much effort. The flexibility to easily swap out third-party solutions is a critical differentiator for the Ruby starter store.
- Maintainability – Separation of base HCL code and customer-specific extensions facilitates the implementation of custom enhancements while allowing for easy upgrades of the HCL base code for bug fixes and out-of-the-box enhancements.
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
KLaunch and BlueSky Commerce Announce FoodBridge, An AI-Powered E-Commerce Solution Created for the Financial Stability of Food Banks
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KLaunch and BlueSky Commerce announce the launch of FoodBridge, an e-commerce and AI-powered engine built to revolutionize a pathway to economic sustainability for food banks. The turnkey solution was introduced via...
BlueSky Commerce is thrilled to announce that we will be exhibiting at the Envision B2B conference in Chicago! We invite you to join us at this exciting gathering of industry leaders, innovators, and forward-thinking eCommerce professionals, as we shape the future of...
HCL Commerce User Group & Networking Event It's been a while since we've gotten together! We are all looking forward to the chance to collaborate and discuss the latest exciting HCL Commerce updates. Join us to take a look at the HCL Commerce product roadmap, hear...