It’s been a while since we’ve gotten together! We are all looking forward to the chance to collaborate and discuss the latest exciting HCL Commerce updates.
HCL Commerce Featurette: Page Builder
HCL Commerce Featurette: Page Builder
Welcome to this month’s BlueSky Featurette, where we highlight another exciting feature of the HCL Commerce platform called “Page Builder.”
Since HCL Commerce (formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce) was acquired by HCL two years ago, we have seen a steady stream of enhancements released to the HCL Commerce platform. In HCL’s most recent Summer 2021 release, even more, exciting updates were added such as new search business user tooling, a cloud-native database, and the topic of today’s Featurette – Page Builder!
When HCL moved away from the Aurora store, the JSP-based tooling, Commerce Composer, wouldn’t work with the new React-based storefronts. The introduction of the Page Builder tool provides a streamlined business user experience giving them complete control of the pages and content within the React storefronts. Commerce Composer is still available to allow business users to control the Aurora store, should they need it, and Page Builder is specifically available in the new React-based storefronts.
The following are the key capabilities Page Builder provides business users:
Create New Pages
- For example, if a Marketer wants to add a marketing content page, it can be done quickly, simply, and without IT support.
Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to modify the SEO layer (URL, keywords, page title, metadata) – something people have been requesting for a long time!
- Layouts are important for pages like product detail pages or catalog list pages where you may have to create many pages that should be formatted similarly.
- Layouts provide the ability to create many pages easily via a predetermined template.
- Page Builder provides the ability to designate priority for different pages to surface at different times of the day, week, or month.
Streamlined User Interface
- Allows business users to take ownership of landing pages, catalog pages, product display pages, etc. all with drag and drop capabilities and an updated look and feel.
- Preview pages quickly and easily.
No additional charge!
- Page Builder comes built into the HCL Commerce platform.
“HCL’s priority was always making the engine as fast and feature-rich as possible. Now we’re really trying to put the power in the hands of the people running and merchandising the Commerce system. We want to make sure you have all of the tools you need to run your eCommerce business as practically as possible.” – John Beechen, Sr. Product Manager, HCL
Check out some of the other topics in BlueSky’s HCL Featurette series:
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Signals CDP
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Marketplace
- HCL Commerce Featurette: React Stores
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Page Builder
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Personalized Marketing
- HCL Commerce Featurette: Performance
- Featurette: HCL Headless Commerce Simplified
- HCL Commerce B2B Featurette
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Cloud Native
- Featurette: HCL Commerce Search
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Catch up with BlueSky Commerce at Shoptalk 2023!
Let's Talk Shop at Shoptalk!Are you attending Shoptalk this year? Thousands of retail change-makers converge every year to create the future of retail at this event. Join BlueSky at Shoptalk to hear from some of the largest retail brands and uncover the latest...
The 3 eCommerce tactics that led to a record-breaking 2022 holiday season
We saw record-breaking sales in the 2022 holiday season. Why is that? Because companies are stepping up to provide excellent customer experiences and anticipate their clients' needs. To make sure you are prepared for next year, read this article from Adobe to start...
The Great Debate: Buy vs. Build
Trends in the Software and Technology space come and go, but one consistent question we always get from prospects and clients centers around buying versus building. The challenge in answering this loaded question is that not every scenario is the same. ...