We all know that personalized and streamlined customer experiences are crucial to the success of any digital strategy. Customers expect high-value interactions wherever they spend their time shopping. But how do we know if our customers are experiencing the type of...
IBM WebSphere Commerce V9: A Game Changer for Online Merchants
- Microservices architecture with lightweight, self-contained, distributed servers, supports horizontal scaling, parallel development and utilization of modern, open source tools.
- Docker containers deliver key benefits for DevOps including deployment automation, delivery acceleration, and application portability.
- Flexible deployment options for Docker containers gives IT organizations more infrastructure choices for eCommerce workloads, including all Cloud options: private, public or hybrid deployment.
- Evolution of the technology stacks makes customization of the brand and business user experience more efficient and cost effective. Key changes include adoption of lightweight IBM WebSphere Liberty, replacement of Enterprise JavaBeans™ (EJBs) with Java™ Persistence API (JPA), introduction of the externalized customization (xC) programming model, a RESTful API model, and implementation of the jQuery framework for Aurora starter store.
- Deeper integration with IBM Watson® Content Hub, an artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled content management system helps transform volumes of digital brand assets into a comprehensive library, making it easier to find and use assets to create strategic and impactful content.
Helpful links to more information on IBM WebSphere Commerce V9:
- Ask the Expert – Review frequently asked questions or submit your own question to our knowledgeable and certified team has been developing, implementing and supporting WebSphere Commerce for over 10 years.
- Watch this video by Bob Balfe that outlines cost savings by upgrading to WebSphere Commerce V9
- Public IBM Software Announcement letter: IBM WebSphere Commerce V9.0 delivers a modernized Commerce system that gives organizations greater agility and flexibility to rapidly innovate, drive business growth, and operate more efficiently – IBM United States Software Announcement 217-284, December 5, 2017.
- Installing WebSphere Commerce 9 includes information about how to locate the software and downloading.
- The new WebSphere Commerce 9.0 Knowledge Center has been published
Contact us to today to learn how your organization will benefit from IBM WebSphere Commerce V9
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Welcome to this month's BlueSky Featurette, where we highlight another exciting feature of the HCL Commerce platform called "Page Builder." Since HCL Commerce (formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce) was acquired by HCL two years ago, we have seen a steady stream of...
Seasons Greetings! Yes, We Know it’s July, but the 2021 Holiday Season is Right Around the Corner! Are you prepared? Throughout the past year, we have seen a lot of change in the world, especially in the realm of omnichannel shopping. Today, customers are much more...
HCL Commerce, formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce, has been providing its customers with the ability to deliver personalized marketing experiences to their customers for years. This functionality isn't new, but it is still worth highlighting. In this month's HCL Commerce...