Welcome to this installment of BlueSky's featurette series, where we break down a feature of the HCL Commerce platform. HCL continues to push the envelope when it comes to adding new functionality to the Commerce platform. This featurette highlights their newest...
IBM WebSphere Commerce V9: A Game Changer for Online Merchants
- Microservices architecture with lightweight, self-contained, distributed servers, supports horizontal scaling, parallel development and utilization of modern, open source tools.
- Docker containers deliver key benefits for DevOps including deployment automation, delivery acceleration, and application portability.
- Flexible deployment options for Docker containers gives IT organizations more infrastructure choices for eCommerce workloads, including all Cloud options: private, public or hybrid deployment.
- Evolution of the technology stacks makes customization of the brand and business user experience more efficient and cost effective. Key changes include adoption of lightweight IBM WebSphere Liberty, replacement of Enterprise JavaBeans™ (EJBs) with Java™ Persistence API (JPA), introduction of the externalized customization (xC) programming model, a RESTful API model, and implementation of the jQuery framework for Aurora starter store.
- Deeper integration with IBM Watson® Content Hub, an artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled content management system helps transform volumes of digital brand assets into a comprehensive library, making it easier to find and use assets to create strategic and impactful content.
Helpful links to more information on IBM WebSphere Commerce V9:
- Ask the Expert – Review frequently asked questions or submit your own question to our knowledgeable and certified team has been developing, implementing and supporting WebSphere Commerce for over 10 years.
- Watch this video by Bob Balfe that outlines cost savings by upgrading to WebSphere Commerce V9
- Public IBM Software Announcement letter: IBM WebSphere Commerce V9.0 delivers a modernized Commerce system that gives organizations greater agility and flexibility to rapidly innovate, drive business growth, and operate more efficiently – IBM United States Software Announcement 217-284, December 5, 2017.
- Installing WebSphere Commerce 9 includes information about how to locate the software and downloading.
- The new WebSphere Commerce 9.0 Knowledge Center has been published
Contact us to today to learn how your organization will benefit from IBM WebSphere Commerce V9
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
What is Virtual Inventory? Virtual Inventory gives retailers new ways to aggregate and segment their stock. It lets them create virtual pools of inventory—defined by inventory rules, buffers, and exclusions—and control which inventory pool is used for what purpose,...
We're nearing the 3-year anniversary of HCL Commerce's acquisition of WebSphere Commerce from IBM. Since 2019, HCL Commerce has steadied the platform on a path to success, collecting feedback from valued customers and partners, to foster cutting-edge continuous...
Is managing inventory a constant challenge for your business? A single view of inventory will help reduce stockouts, increase inventory availability and average order value, reduce markdowns, and ultimately drive sales. All of this can be accomplished with an OMS. ...