There is likely no better industry to adopt digital strategies than the not-for-profit industry. And now is the time nonprofits should begin looking at their digital transformation strategies as they head into year-end fundraising activities. By integrating digital...
Learnings From A Session With CRO Specialists
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a critical part of improving eCommerce site performance.
Getting started with CRO
For brands that have not yet started optimizing the customer journey for conversions, participants suggested that they start gathering website, channel, and point-of-sale data immediately. Brands looking to optimize their funnel need to take a ‘holistic’ view of attribution, including online and offline touchpoints.
Attendees offered numerous examples of CRO initiatives that had significantly improved conversion rates. Here are a few of the suggestions:
- Simplify checkout as much as possible. Think, “what user info do we need?”
- Analyze user sessions and mouse ‘heatmaps’ to see how individual consumers use the site. The technology to achieve this is now widely available.
- Use A/B testing extensively. But only run tests on specific segments if traffic allows.
- Automate abandoned cart lifecycle emails.
- Use retargeting on search, social, and display. Marketers agreed that retargeting is a very effective tactic.
Participants also had a few words to say specifically about mobile CRO:
- Make sure both mobile and desktop experiences are optimized. Mobile is often where last-minute purchases happen.
- Use responsive design on the website, but only for small browsers and tablets.
- Smartphones require a specific site that leverages mobile features such as geolocation for store finding, click-to-call, and augmented reality (AR).
It was mentioned within the group that CRO is not static but ever-evolving to remain useful. It is increasingly important to reconcile customer journey data across all channels, including offline, and deliver more accurate attribution reports. Perhaps the most significant CRO trend is that despite two decades of using eCommerce, consumers still prefer face-to-face transactions by a wide margin in most categories. Thus, measuring offline journeys is key to the future of CRO.
Read the full article here
Learn how BlueSky can play the role as your CRO Specialist.
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Staying on top of web design trends can be a daunting task for any business. Knowing when to make a change can be scary and hard to justify when it doesn’t appear that anything is broken. However, there are some excellent reasons to update the look of your...
There’s been a big buzz in the industry in the past year since Google announced that Core Web Vitals are going to be an official Google ranking factor this month. So what are they and how do we assess them? Simply speaking, they are a set of 3 specific factors that...
What is ADA and section 508? ADA means Americans with Disabilities Act. ADA was enforced by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or EEOC for short, and designed to prohibit discrimination against people with disabilities and provide equal opportunity....