Lead generation and increasing sales take a strong marketing strategy and specific skill set. Therefore, effective marketing services are dependent on the people involved. Finding the perfect mix of talented marketers to add to your internal team or outside your...
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8: greater functionality, customer engagement, and insights
IBM WebSphere Commerce-powered stores are about to get a heck of an upgrade.
As IBM releases its WebSphere Commerce V8.0 enhancements, merchandisers can expect a richer, easier experience for users on both sides of their online stores: marketers and buyers.
In a nutshell, the V8 release enables increased business agility, greater customer insights, and on-the-fly response to customer needs.
New Capabilities Highlights:
- WebSphere Commerce’s Management Center is updated to use Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and the open source Spring Framework, making it much easier for developers to customize tools in Management Center.
- The new user interface now supports Safari. The old version was Open Laszlo and utilized Flash, so it didn’t jive with Safari. That’s no longer the case.
- Commerce Insights delivers business analytics in a single view, embedded with store pages, products and categories. From there, merchandisers can easily spot which products are selling well (or not), and take direct and immediate action (like editing product information right from the Insights screen).
- Per IBM’s announcement, Commerce Insights will be delivered as a software as a service (SaaS) offering “that can be used with your on-premises or on-cloud deployment of IBM WebSphere Commerce V8.0.”
- A new Customer Service functionality enables customer service reps to view exactly what customers see and perform key actions on behalf of the customer. This will be offered for both the Professional and Enterprise editions.
- IBM has also simplified the migration process, providing multiple migration paths to V8 with the goal of eliminating downtime altogether.
As a reminder, here’s how the IBM WebSphere Commerce family of products breaks down:
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8 will be available on November 30. For a detailed description of the V8 release and capabilities, access IBM’s official announcement here (PDF version available). Meanwhile, stay tuned for more updates from our team here at BlueSky Technology Partners — a market leader in IBM Commerce solutions.
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Using Customer Journey Mapping to Build a Loyal Customer Base and Cheering SectionAs discussed in the blog, Customer Journey Mapping Starts with Walking in your Customer’s Shoes, we covered many of the benefits of why mapping out your customer’s journey through your...
We're nearing the 3-year anniversary of HCL Commerce's acquisition of WebSphere Commerce from IBM. Since 2019, HCL Commerce has steadied the platform on a path to success, collecting feedback from valued customers and partners, to foster cutting-edge continuous...
Is managing inventory a constant challenge for your business? A single view of inventory will help reduce stockouts, increase inventory availability and average order value, reduce markdowns, and ultimately drive sales. All of this can be accomplished with an OMS. ...