DiSC Profiles: Understanding Communication Styles and Needs There are so many tools to create genuine and personalized customer experiences throughout the customer journey, but the one I have found most impactful is the DiSC profile. I received my DiSC facilitation...
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8: greater functionality, customer engagement, and insights
IBM WebSphere Commerce-powered stores are about to get a heck of an upgrade.
As IBM releases its WebSphere Commerce V8.0 enhancements, merchandisers can expect a richer, easier experience for users on both sides of their online stores: marketers and buyers.
In a nutshell, the V8 release enables increased business agility, greater customer insights, and on-the-fly response to customer needs.
New Capabilities Highlights:
- WebSphere Commerce’s Management Center is updated to use Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and the open source Spring Framework, making it much easier for developers to customize tools in Management Center.
- The new user interface now supports Safari. The old version was Open Laszlo and utilized Flash, so it didn’t jive with Safari. That’s no longer the case.
- Commerce Insights delivers business analytics in a single view, embedded with store pages, products and categories. From there, merchandisers can easily spot which products are selling well (or not), and take direct and immediate action (like editing product information right from the Insights screen).
- Per IBM’s announcement, Commerce Insights will be delivered as a software as a service (SaaS) offering “that can be used with your on-premises or on-cloud deployment of IBM WebSphere Commerce V8.0.”
- A new Customer Service functionality enables customer service reps to view exactly what customers see and perform key actions on behalf of the customer. This will be offered for both the Professional and Enterprise editions.
- IBM has also simplified the migration process, providing multiple migration paths to V8 with the goal of eliminating downtime altogether.
As a reminder, here’s how the IBM WebSphere Commerce family of products breaks down:
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8 will be available on November 30. For a detailed description of the V8 release and capabilities, access IBM’s official announcement here (PDF version available). Meanwhile, stay tuned for more updates from our team here at BlueSky Technology Partners — a market leader in IBM Commerce solutions.
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Small business as we know it has changed forever. Many small businesses that thrived during the pandemic did so because they were already evolving to be more nimble before the pandemic. However, there are many, many more that did not adapt. Those businesses were then...
HCL Commerce, formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce, has been providing its customers with the ability to deliver personalized marketing experiences to their customers for years. This functionality isn't new, but it is still worth highlighting. In this month's HCL Commerce...
Every month, thousands of people search the term “digital transformation” and get over 439 million search results. There’s a lot of talk today about digital transformation and what it means, so the experts in strategy, technology, marketing, and talent at BlueSky...