5 Key Benefits of HCL Commerce's React-Based Stores Welcome to this month's installment of BlueSky's Featurette series, where we select a feature of the HCL Commerce platform to highlight. Since the acquisition of HCL Commerce, formerly WebSphere Commerce, HCL has...
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8: greater functionality, customer engagement, and insights
IBM WebSphere Commerce-powered stores are about to get a heck of an upgrade.
As IBM releases its WebSphere Commerce V8.0 enhancements, merchandisers can expect a richer, easier experience for users on both sides of their online stores: marketers and buyers.
In a nutshell, the V8 release enables increased business agility, greater customer insights, and on-the-fly response to customer needs.
New Capabilities Highlights:
- WebSphere Commerce’s Management Center is updated to use Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and the open source Spring Framework, making it much easier for developers to customize tools in Management Center.
- The new user interface now supports Safari. The old version was Open Laszlo and utilized Flash, so it didn’t jive with Safari. That’s no longer the case.
- Commerce Insights delivers business analytics in a single view, embedded with store pages, products and categories. From there, merchandisers can easily spot which products are selling well (or not), and take direct and immediate action (like editing product information right from the Insights screen).
- Per IBM’s announcement, Commerce Insights will be delivered as a software as a service (SaaS) offering “that can be used with your on-premises or on-cloud deployment of IBM WebSphere Commerce V8.0.”
- A new Customer Service functionality enables customer service reps to view exactly what customers see and perform key actions on behalf of the customer. This will be offered for both the Professional and Enterprise editions.
- IBM has also simplified the migration process, providing multiple migration paths to V8 with the goal of eliminating downtime altogether.
As a reminder, here’s how the IBM WebSphere Commerce family of products breaks down:
IBM WebSphere Commerce V8 will be available on November 30. For a detailed description of the V8 release and capabilities, access IBM’s official announcement here (PDF version available). Meanwhile, stay tuned for more updates from our team here at BlueSky Technology Partners — a market leader in IBM Commerce solutions.
Start the Conversation
BlueSky’s unmatched commerce expertise allows us to help our clients understand how to utilize omnichannel and business solutions to reach, attract, engage, and grow customers.
Gaining Traction: Five Ways Nonprofits Can Leverage eCommerce Strategies to Catapult Their Fundraising Outcomes
There is likely no better industry to adopt digital strategies than the not-for-profit industry. And now is the time nonprofits should begin looking at their digital transformation strategies as they head into year-end fundraising activities. By integrating digital...
According to CNN Business, the US economy added 943,000 jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to 5.4%. This was the biggest job gain since last August. Additionally, CNN reports the June jobs gains were revised upwards to 938,000 jobs added. To coincide with...
Welcome to this month's BlueSky Featurette, where we highlight another exciting feature of the HCL Commerce platform called "Page Builder." Since HCL Commerce (formerly IBM WebSphere Commerce) was acquired by HCL two years ago, we have seen a steady stream of...